Pictured at Brighton during April, 2000, this is one of the first post war batch of Tigers, much
different from their previous namesakes. This Leyland chassis was fitted with a variety of outsourced bodies, and was built to conform to the then maximum 2-axle size of 7' 6" wide, 27' 6" long. It is
powered by a 6 cylinder 7.4 ltr diesel with 4 speed constant mesh gearbox and is stopped by vacuum servo brakes. This model was built from 1947 until 1950, but some exported buses bear 1951 dates.
See a similar example awaiting restoration.